Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The "Quiet Bet" is on like Donkey Kong!!



This weekend I was telling my step-bro about the time my ex-boyfriend made me go to this meditation, vegetarian, silent dinner...where everyone had to be..GULP..silent throughout the meal. This was after an hour of silent hungry mediation. It was terrible, I was miserable, and I barely made it out of there alive! I am certainly no vegetarian...and by no means silent about anything!!

So bro challenged me to a bet: Tuesday night, 7-9pm PDT, no talking!! $20 and a lifetime of bragging rights are at stake here! This is an interesting challenge, as I have a few errands to run tonight and am going to watch the San Jose Sharks game on TV (Go Sharks!! Beat LA!!!) I've never watched a hockey game in silence! In fact, the reason I always participate in discussions in school is because I can't shut up long enough to listen! But tonight: it's ON!!!

Brother from another mother, you are going down!!!! And just remember, I didn't say it, the New York Post did!!!

4 comments:

jason said...

That exboyfriend sounds like such a thoughtful guy. I mean wow, what an enlightening experience that must of been for you. Hate to say it Leya but your sooo going to lose this one.

eileen said...

wait a minute. you're going to do this at a SHARKS game??? does screaming ineligibly really count as speaking though??

Lil Leya said...

not AT a game, but while watching a game, and the rule is no vocal cords usage...that means NO screaming. However...I will be a TEXTING machine!!!!

Lil Leya said...

My Auntie wanted to post on my blog, it didn't go through, so she sent me the message anyway. It was so wonderful I had to add it in myself!!!

"oh well sweat heart, you know your auntie loves you muchos' a lot that is, but I tend to agree with Jason on this one. $20, no big deal. If you lose, auntie will make you nice dinner that worth tree times more then that. And your step brother is welcome too."

LOVE YOU AUNTIE!
P.S. I WON!!!!!!