Wednesday, March 12, 2008

If Geek.com says its ok....

Today I was looking for a free voice recording software for a work project. I googled and found Freecorder, a toolbar recorder that's built into your browser. I wondered, hmmm...is this a trick? If I click download, will I automatically send out millions of emails to all my friends and family asking if they would like to enlarge their penises? Then I see, "recommended by geek.com" and let out a sigh of relief.

Oh my g-d!! Am I really here? I seriously used geek.com to assess whether something is cool and legit. Welcome to Geekville population has just been increased by one, and yes, we mean you!

Maybe I should start going to geek.com on Friday nights and search, "go out to a bar with friends." I can just imagine a message would pop out saying: "this activity is not geek.com approved. You have finance homework Leya! Equations, not cocktails are geek.com approved!"

I'm slightly intimidated to find out if other gadgets and software I use are approved by this world wide network of geeks. I don't know if I could handle having geek.com tell me I'm not cool enough. If I search my Dell laptop from 2004, will it tell me: "LOSER! Time to upgrade! 2004 Dells were so 12 versions ago!"

2 comments:

5 & Dime said...

I see that you are still facing your geek demons. You need to accept the inevitable. You are becoming one of them. Don't fight this because you are only fighting yourself. You are giving yourself a black eye each time you question your inner-geekdom. It worries me to see you like this. However I have solution for you. This will free you from your physical and mental restraints. Take your glass off and break them right at the nose piece. Then take some white tape and tape it back together. Once you put the glasses back on, you will be free at last...free at last...

eileen said...

Lil L...speaking of facing geek demons...I JUST PUT YOUR BLOG ON MY BLOGROLL!!! blogroll?? can i get extra butter with that?