Friday, March 28, 2008

I <3 Google Reader and RSS Feeds

I know, I know, I'm late to the party, but I just discovered Google Reader and RSS feeds. I used to spend hours surfing the web, going to the Wall Street Journal just to read world news and the opinion pages. Then I'd check Google News for the election updates, and poke around on my friend's blogs. (Hold please while I blogroll my delightful gal's blog: http://girlprowess.tumblr.com).

Anyway, I set up my Google Reader and RSS feeds, and now I have my own personalized newspaper with only the stuff I want in it. The best part is my personalized newspaper doesn't have to be unbiased and show all sides of the story! It's like my own little dictatorship paper with the stuff I want to see, and none of the stuff I don't!!!! As it was said in Mel Brook's "History of the World"..."It's good to be the king!!!"

It gets better, then I found out my Google Reader syncs with my blackberry and I can get all the latest news right on my phone. I was sooooooooo excited when my office roomie had to say, "just so you know Leya, RSS feeds have been around for like 5 years now!" WHATEVER..I totally caught him setting up Google Reader just a few moments after I told him about my account.

Who's late to the party now???

1 comment:

EUGENIA said...

rule your kingdom the way you like it.... Too bad it's 'virtual, not actual'...