Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Krav Maga is the most awesomest thing in the world!!!













If you are about to tell me that "awesomest" isn't a word, I learned how to gouge someone's eyes out. Are you sure you want to talk back to me????

Yesterday I started taking Krav Maga, the Israeli self-defense form that translates from Hebrew into contact combat!!! Used by the IDF, police departments and the US Armed Forces, Krav Maga teaches that your ultimate goal is survival, no rules exist! ( I love this class!!!!)

We started out with some running and punching exercises. I was shy to with the punching mat at first, we had just met, but the instructor kept yelling at me, "punch harder...punch harder!!!'' OK!!!!!! I couldn't hide my ear to ear smile as I started whacking the heck out of the punching mat.

Yesterday's combat instructions were geared to teach you to get out of a situation where someone has you in a bear hug. The instructor gave us techniques like slapping your hand on the back of the attacker's neck where their nerve ending are, or grabbing their nose and twisting their face until they have to drop. My favorite is gouging our fingers into the attacker's eyes and pushing them onto the floor! At one point we were practicing (on each other's foreheads, not our eyes...I just got laser surgery thank you very much!!!)...anyway..we were practicing and the instructor praised my eye gouging technique! They have officially created a monster! I can't wait to go back!!!

Attackers...watch out!!! I may be little, but I am fierce!!!!!

2 comments:

eileen said...

i think we both know whose tuchis you should kick first!!

5 & Dime said...

I don't know if I should be happy or scared or what. However, I know that I will be wearing glasses and a cup from now on thank you very much.